I really enjoy a good fragrant & lathering shower. But after reading the ingredients on most store-bought body washes, I decided it was time to make my own. This nontoxic body wash is easy to make and takes way less time than trying to decipher the long and confusing ingredient list on the back of most body wash bottles.
Below is a basic recipe followed by some essential oil suggestions in the Notes.
DIY Natural Body Wash
What you'll Need:
- 8 oz. container*
- 1/2 cup unscented Castile soap (Buy it HERE)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable glycerin* (Buy it HERE)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil* (Purchase HERE )
- Combine ingredients into container.
- Add desired essential oil(s)
- Put on the top securely
- Shake to combine.
👉 Make sure to shake before each use, as the ingredients will separate.
- *Since the oils are pretty diluted plastic has been working for me, I use a Flip-top bottle (like up-cycling a Castile soap bottle)
- *You can find vegetable glycerin at most health section of most stores. Vegetable glycerin will help the body wash be thicker, creamier, and lather better.
- **For my Anti-Aging body wash I use: 5 drops Lavender, 2 drops Geranium, 1 drop Roman Chamomile, 2 drops Rosemary
- **For Help Clearing Up Skin Blemishes use this combination: 4 drops Tea Tree, 4 drops Lavender, 1 drop Rosemary, 1 drop Bergamot
- **For an Uplifting body wash try these essential oils: Citrus Bliss, Peppermint, Grapefruit, Lime, or Eucalyptus.
- **For a Relaxing body wash try these: Lavender, Serenity, Bergamot, Geranium, or Roman Chamomile.
I would love to hear what combination of essential oils you like to use in the comments below👇
Don’t want to be bothered with making your own AND
yet want a Body Wash that doesn’t rake havoc with your health.
Natural surfactants derived from coconut oil and essential fatty acids provide gentle yet thorough cleansing without irritating the skin like other harsh soaps and body washes. Learn more about it HERE