It may surprise you to know these flourless brownies are made with Black beans. They are a delicious and nutritional, full of fiber and protein compared to traditional chocolate brownies. Don’t be nervous about baking with black beans, they have a mild flavor and are extremely rich and creamy. You can also boost the flavor and health benefits of your brownie with essential oils such as Peppermint, Wild Orange, Cinnamon, Cassia or even Lavender.
BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Special Dark)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 drops Cassia essential oil (or Wild Orange, Cinnamon, Peppermint, Lavender) (purchase essential oils that can be ingested HERE)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips, divided (I used Special Dark, could also use carob chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into 24 pieces. Store in refrigerator.
1 piece = Calories-98.7, Fat-8.7g, Chol.-15.5g, Sod-10mg, Carbs-13g, Fiber-2g, Sugar-8.5g, Protein-2.4g
- These brownies freezes well. Great way to have a little something after dinner!
- I use the oils because it ups the medicinal/nutritional values and flavor for the foods I eat.
- Not all essential oils are safe to use internally. To learn more click HERE to connect with me
Would love to hear what you think so leave me a comment below↓