To me there is nothing worse than having funky-smelling towels. And they are useless at drying you off too!
I discovered an easy and inexpensive trick about a decade ago. I do it every about every three months and it revitalizes my towels. It makes them softer, more absorbent and removes any funky smell that may have accumulated. And yes, we are using the same towels!
- Add towels to washer like normal.
- Add 1 cup Vinegar (white distilled)
- Wash towels on the hottest setting
- After load is finished wash towels AGAIN on hottest setting and
- Add ½ cup baking soda and 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil (this helps kill all the bacteria that has built up in towels)
- Dry towels (they will smell fresh and clean)
Use this process again whenever towels start losing their fresh smell (I do it every couple months)