We enjoy having this Hummus Recipe with White Beans & Edamame for an appetizer or even for a light dinner. It is filling with the high fiber and protein.
I love that it is so easy to make. I think it takes me more time to get all the ingredients out than to make it!
Hummus Recipe with White Beans Edamame
Combine following in a blender or food processor:
• 1 (15-ounce) can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed (Or save some $$ by cooking dry beans)
• 2 cups shelled, cooked edamame, thawed if frozen
• 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
• ¼ cup water, plus more as needed if too thick
• 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons), plus more as needed/to taste
• 2-3 tablespoons olive
• 1 Tablespoon of nut or seed butter
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
• Optional – 2 drops cilantro essential oil
• Optional – 1 Tablespoon roasted Red Pepper
Best if refrigerated for 30+ minutes to let flavors blend.
I serve it with cut veggies and my sourdough bread
It freezes well too. I usually freeze half of it since there is just the two of us.