Because there are so many surfaces in the kitchen that get used every day, essential oils can be extremely helpful for keeping the kitchen clean. As a bonus, every time you clean the kitchen using essential oils, it will leave behind a lovely smell— making it feel twice as clean!
Here are a few Kitchen DIYs: With a wide variety of cleansing essential oils, it is easy to make your own natural cleaning agents at home. If you want to avoid the harsh chemicals that are often found in store-bought cleansers, consider making your own cleansers at home. Need a few ideas? Try these:
- Make your dishes sparkle and shine with these essential oil dishwasher detergent tablets.
- Instead of using store-bought dishwasher detergent, you can make your own detergent pods with essential oils and an extra boost from the proprietary dōTERRA On Guard® formula. KITCHEN KITCHEN STOVE TOP CLEANER DISHWASHER DETERGENT TABLETS INGREDIENTS ¼ cup baking soda ¼ cup table salt 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons water 4–5 drops of essential oil (try Lemon, Lime, Melaleuca, or a combination of the three) INSTRUCTIONS 1. Stir all ingredients together until they form a paste and spread it over the stove top and burners. 2. Leave it on for 15 minutes or longer for hard-to-remove stains. 3. Using a sponge, scrub the mixture into the grime. 4. Remove excess cleaner and wipe surface clean. INGREDIENTS 1 cup baking soda ¼ cup citric acid 1 tablespoon dōTERRA On Guard® Cleaner Concentrate 5 drops Grapefruit oil Silicone molds INSTRUCTIONS 1. Put baking soda, citric acid, dōTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate, and Grapefruit oil in a mixing bowl. Mix together until the mixture is an even consistency. 2. Place in silicone molds and let sit for four hours. Remove tabs. 3. Store in an airtight container. 4. Use in dishwasher in place of store-bought dishwasher tablets (one at a time)
- Get rid of funky smells in the kitchen with these essential oil garbage disposal refreshers.
- Make your own essential oil dish soap with Lemon, Citrus Bliss®, and Lime essential oil.
- Keep your refrigerator from smelling stale with these essential oil fridge refreshers.
Everyone uses liquid dish soap, so why not make your own? This super simple recipe is great for removing grease, adding shine, and waking up your senses.
2 cups unscented castile soap
20 drops Lime oil
8 drops Lemon oil
6 drops Citrus Bliss®
- Fill a large, clean bottle with castle soap
Note: Dilute according to instructions if using a concentrate
- Add essential oils
- To use, shake and add 1–2 tablespoons to dish water