I love salads! And these two could easily be used for dessert or as a snack when you want something cool and refreshing.
Spearmint Honeydew Salad
4 - 1 cup servings
- 1 Honeydew cubed
- 1 ½ Cucumbers cubed
- ½ Red Onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Spearmint leaves
- 2 - 3 drops of Spearmint essential oil (this is what takes the flavor over the top)
- 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon
- ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lime Juice to taste, about 1 tablespoon or 2 drops Lime essential oil
- (optional - add 4 Tablespoons Chia Seed gel for extra omegas)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
Watermelon Blueberry Salad
We had some of this salad left over so the next day I put it into a blender with a scoop of the doTERRA Fiber (I'm always looking for more ways to get fiber into my day. Check out WHY) and some ice cubes. It made greatest great drink! INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 drops Basil, Lavender, Spearmint or Peppermint essential oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon/lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, essential oil and mint.
- Add watermelon and blueberries; toss gently to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Which would you like to try first?
Blessings for Health, Joy & Laughter,