When I have a surplus of zucchini in my garden, I will make the usual zucchini bread but I also make these oatmeal cookies. They always get raves and requests for the recipe so I figured it was about time I recorded it here!
This last batch I used a 1/2 cup of ground old fashion oats in place of the wheat flour and they were great again!
Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 2 ½ dozen cookies
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup white beans pureed
- 1/2 c wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup coconut oil liquified
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 c shredded carrot
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 1/2 c Raisins
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup local raw honey
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out excess water. (I grate onto a paper towel and then use the paper towel to get rid of the excess water. Wrap the paper towel or dish cloth around the zucchini and squeeze over the sink.) Grate carrot
- Beat oil, honey & sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the oil/sugar mixture and beat on low speed until well combined. Then gradually add in beans, beating until combined
- Stir in oats, zucchini, carrot, coconut, and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they just start to turn color. Let cool on sheets for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack and ENJOY!
101 cal, 11g fat, 10mg sodium, 11g carbs, 1g fiber, 7g sugar, 1.5g protein
- These cookies freeze well
- Add 3 drops doTERRA Wild Orange or Cinnamon or Cassia essential oils for added flavor pop and health benefits.