Plain raw soaked almonds are usually tasty enough for me. However, over the holidays I thought I would add a little pzazz to them. These Cinnamon Almonds are easy to make in your crock pot. The recipe below is for raw almonds. I follow the same recipe but soak my almonds for about 6 – 8 hour, rinsing several times. Then I lay them out on a cloth kitchen towel to dry overnight. I do this to release the enzyme inhibitors to make digestion easier as well as it increases the nutrients for my body. This process plumps them up a bit so it means that the serving size is more like 12 almonds.
Makes about 24 – 1/8 cup servings (about 14 nuts)
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 25 drops of dōTERRA Cinnamon or Cassia essential oil BUY
- 1/8 Sea Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Tsp. Organic Vanilla
- 3 cups of Almonds
- 1/4 cup Water
- Mix sugar, Cassia essential oil and salt, set aside.
- Whisk the egg white and vanilla until it’s frothy
- Add almonds coating them well.
- Add the cassia/sugar mixture and toss them around until they’re well coated.
- Oil up a large crock pot thoroughly, add your coated almonds
- Cook on low for 3 hours. Make sure to stir them every 25 minutes.
- In the last hour, add your 1/4 cup water and let it cook another 45 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment/wax paper and spread out your almonds flat to cool.
Per serving: 154 cal, 9g total fat, 0 Chol, 17mg sodium, 16g carbs, 2g fiber, 14g sugar, 4g protein
- Not all brands of essential oils are the same or even safe for internal use. This is why I ONLY use doTERRA CPTG Essential Oils. Email me if you would like to know more. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the remaining sugar for ice cream or your coffee/tea.
- Can substitute almonds with other nuts such as pecans or walnuts
Some of the benefits of Cassia essential oil*:
- Cassia supports a healthy metabolism.
- It helps maintain blood sugar levels already in the normal range.
- Cassia may help to support the health of the liver, kidneys, and urinary tract.
- It has valuable natural cleansing properties.
- It maintains the health of the gastrointestinal tract promoting a healthy digestion
- Combine one to two drops of Cassia along with Lemon in a glass of water to aid digestion or ward off hunger craving
- Supports healthy immune function & response system
- Helps promote circulation
- It can be used in cooking, either as a replacement for Cinnamon in pies and breads, or by itself in a myriad of entrees and desserts
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease