I don’t know about you but I actually like the taste of water. And like everyone else I too like some variety. Since it is a vital nutrient that I need to consume a lot of, I am always looking for a healthy way to do things, after all I only have this one body. Why am I so obsessed with water? Check out my post on 12 Reasons to Drink Water.
Here Are Some Healthy Ways to Make Flavored Water
- Essential Oils (Not all essential oils are quality controlled and safe for consumption. This is why I ONLY use doTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils)- Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Peppermint, the Slim & Sassy, the Metabolic Blend are a few of my favorites. I just add about 3 – 4 drops to my 12 ounces and voila healthy and tasty water.
- Stevia flavored sweeteners (my favorite is watermelon)
- Fruit juices (add just a little as these have calories)
- Fresh Veggies & Fruits – cucumbers, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, watermelon, strawberries, mint, grapefruit and orange slices. Remember to wash them thoroughly.
- Herbal Tea – High Alkaline (helps Ph balance) with No caffeine it makes a good water replacement. To me hot or cold there is nothing like a cup/glass of tea! When the weather is warm out I drink a lot of Iced Tea so, I make it by the batches. Fortunately I still have my Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker (I think I got it in the 80’s). It is also easy to make iced tea either on the stove or using solar power. If you do decide to pour your hot tea over ice, REMEMBER to put a spoon in the glass so it doesn’t crack!
- Flavored Ice Cubes – This is an easy way to have flavored water on hand. Just pour pureed fruit or vegetables into ice trays or add a piece of fruit, herbs or veggies and then add water in the trays. Let them freeze up and add to your glass of water for a tasty treat!
I’m always looking for more great ideas so please share in comments!