Hot Summer days mean I’ve been looking for ways to eat HEALTHY without heating up the kitchen. In the process I have learned a lot more about eating raw. (Another post on this!) It has been fascinating and fun as I experiment with new recipes, changing over some of my favorites and creating new recipes of my own. Below is one of my new concoctions. We love it! This soup will definitely become a staple for us.
It is great as an appetizer, main course or snack. I really like that it is easy to prepare, can be made ahead, and the flavor can be changed up by using different herbs. Our favorite herb so far to use is basil.
Makes about 2 – 1 ½ cup servings
- 10 oz frozen spinach chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 2 cup)
- ¾ cup of water
- ½ T lemon juice
- 1/2 t minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 t Sea salt
- ½ c chopped green onions including greens
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T minced fresh herbs (parsley, basil, mint, etc.)
- or 1 drop essential oil (basil, mint, cilantro, thyme, etc.)
- Place the spinach, cucumber, water, lemon juice, garlic, onions and salt in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the avocado and EVOO and blend again until smooth.
- Add the herbs and blend briefly to mix.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving for a chilled soup,
I am making this again this week and plan on using cilantro essential oil for my herb. A perfect complement to our Sevichi salad!
Check out my blog post on the health benefits of different herbs HERE
Let me know what your taste buds think!
Blessings for Health, Joy & Laughter,
NOTE: Not all essential oils are safe to ingest. Which is why I ONLY use doTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils! Check them out HERE