Looking for a nice, easy & QUICK Gift?
I was so surprised at how easy this was, especially in light of the cost of store bought bark! I choose the peppermint candy canes and essential oil but you can easily change it out. Try orange zest with Wild Orange essential oil, or use raisins or dried cherries or apple pieces with Cinnamon or Cassia essential oil. You can omit the nuts if there are allergies to consider or change to a favorite nut like Pistachios or Hazelnuts. There are so many options, have fun with it!
Chocolate Peppermint Bark with Essential Oil
Yields about one 9” X 12” sheet
- 1 lb. Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 T Virgin Organic Coconut oil melted
- 3 T flaked Coconut, unsweetened
- 3 T crushed candy canes
- 3 T chopped raw almonds
- 1 drop doTERRA Peppermint essential oil Purchase it HERE
- Coat a 9” by 12” rimmed baking sheet with some Coconut oil & line pan with Parchment paper, letting ends overhang & lightly coat with remaining Coconut Oil
- In a small bowl mix together flaked Coconut, candy canes and almonds. Set aside the topping mixture.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or a heatproof bowl (I use a Pyrex measuring cup) in a pan of simmering water.
- Stirring until all melted and smooth. Should be very warm but NOT boiling
- Remove from heat & water, stir in ONE drop of Peppermint essential oil.
- Pour onto baking sheet, spreading in an even layer. (I actually gently shake the pan back & forth)
- IMMEDIATELY sprinkle toppings over chocolate.
- Refrigerate (or freeze) until firm, about one hour
- Peel off parchment and break bark into pieces.