Having some tasty and healthy snacks on hand is very important for me all year long. During the holidays it is especially helpful in keeping me on track with my health goals. I like to have different snacks for different times of the year. It makes them more special so I feel like I am having a treat! Plus I don’t get into a rut or bored and then of course do the mindless eating things which leads to overeating.
I like using Wildtree blends because they are so delicious as well as being organic. There are so many blends to choose from, you can make a whole selection for your next party.
This recipe is especially fast and easy to prepare. It has just a hint of spiciness. If you want it hotter then add an extra teaspoon to the mix. It also makes a great gift and a lot quicker than making breads or cookies.
CHIPOLTE ROASTED ALMONDS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (375 degrees for high altitude)
- In a large bowl, toss the almonds with the grapeseed oil.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread almonds out on parchment in a single layer.
- Bake almonds in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes
- Remove pan from oven and carefully pour the hot almonds back into the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle Organic Spicy Chipotle Ranch blend over the nuts and toss well with a spoon.
- Pour the seasoned almonds back onto the sheet pan and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let nuts cool completely on pan.
- Store cooled nuts in a covered container.
1 serving of 1/8 cup: 109 cal, 10g total fat, 40mg sodium, 4g carbs, 2g fiber, 1g sugar, 4g protein
If you have never tried Wildtree before, now is a great time! They have some great bundle specials going on for November & December gift giving!
I would love to hear what food gifts to you like to give. I’m always looking for new ideas, so please share!