It may surprise you to know these fourless brownies are made with Black beans. They are a delicious and nutritional, full of fiber and protein compared to traditional chocolate brownies. Don’t be nervous about baking with black beans, they have a mild flavor and are extremely rich and creamy. You can also boost the flavor and health benefits of your brownie with essential oils such as Peppermint, Wild Orange, Cinnamon, Cassia or even Lavender.
BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Special Dark)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil melted (Buy HERE)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 drops Cassia essential oil (or Wild Orange, Cinnamon, Peppermint, Lavender) (purchase essential oils that can be ingested HERE)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips, divided (I used Special Dark, could also use carob chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into 24 pieces. Store in refrigerator.
1 piece = Calories-98.7, Fat-8.7g, Chol.-15.5g, Sod-10mg, Carbs-13g, Fiber-2g, Sugar-8.5g, Protein-2.4g
- These brownies freezes well. Great way to have a little something after dinner!
- I use the oils because it ups the medicinal/nutritional values and flavor for the foods I eat.
- Not all essential oils are safe to use internally. To learn more and which oils I use click HERE or contact me at Kathy@kathyskinner.com . Even though essential oils are not drugs the FDA has limited us from sharing information here.
Would love to hear what you think so leave me a comment below.
Some of the Ways Essential Oils
Might Help to Improve Ones Health
• Promotes healthy digestion
• Supports healthy immune function
• Helps promote circulation
• Helps soothe sore, achy joints
• Promotes circulation
• Maintains a healthy immune system
• Promotes oral health
• Helps alleviate sore muscles and joints
• Long used for its internal health benefits
• Widely used for its calming and
• Soothes occasional skin irritations
• Helps skin recover quickly
• Eases muscle tension
• Supports healthy immune function
• Protects against environmental threats
• Cleans surfaces
• Purifies the skin while promoting healthy circulation
• Energizing, uplifting aroma
• Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
• Alleviates occasional stomach upset
• Powerful cleanser and purifying agent
• Protects against seasonal and
• High in antioxidants
• Uplifting to the mind and body
Ask me about use for specific issues by leaving a comment below or EMAIL me for something more private
Due to the purity of the essential oils I use, very little goes a long way – use very little and then reapply every half hour if you need to.
Purchase Essential Oils at RETAIL or receive discounts of 25%! Or email me Kathy@kathyskinner.com for more information.
Wishing you Blessings for a Wonderful Day!
NOTE: The advice shared on this site has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help. Kindly understand that the products and essential oils work to help to bring the body into balance – thus helping the body’s natural defenses to restore homeostasis.