The kids are back in school, sport activity schedules are in place so NOW IT IS TIME TO REFOCUS ON YOURSELF! That maybe to start new projects or get back on track with the goals made earlier in the year. No matter whether you are starting or re-starting, the Fall is a great time to get going! Since my focus is on creating a ‘Healthier Lifestyle’ it can cover many areas of your life. Today I’m going to focus on our physical health and what that entails regarding what we are DOING and what we are putting INTO our bodies.
With all the emphasis on fixing out gut, reducing brown fat or toning up flabby arms, it’s easy to overlook the basic things that help us accomplish it. Contrary to the belief of many, a Healthy Body is achieved by 20% what you DO with your body and 80% what you PUT INTO your body. No amount of exercising will give you a “healthy” body if you do not also give it the correct fuel.
I would love to hear what Healthy Habits are you creating? Leave a comment below.
Do you need a little extra help or encouragement? Leave a comment or email me for a more private concern. Kathy@kathyskinner.com to send an email
STEPS TO A HEALTHY BODY
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week. Be sure t o alternate between cardo and strength training routines. Stretching daily is highly recommended.
- Get 7 – 9 hours of Sleep a night. If you don’t you are sabotaging your hormones and will make getting and staying healthy a lot harder. (more on this upcoming)
- Remove Toxins by doing a cleanse at least seasonally AND add to your water, ½ fresh lemon juice (be sure to rinse afterward or it will erode your tooth enamel) or 3 drops of a citrus Essential Oil to your water 1st thing every morning (Buy citrus essential oils that are safe for ingesting HERE)
- Keep a “Food and Exercise” Journal. And/or keep a “Dining Out” Journal
- Eat smaller portions & eat 5-6 times a day
- Choose more nutrient dense foods
- Breathe deeply through out the day
- Practice Mindful eating
What Nutrition Are You Putting INTO Your Body?
- Drink Water- Since 60-70% of your body is composed of water this is vital. Water plays an extensive range of functions essential to life. How much? The recommendation is half your body weight in ounces of water. (If your weight is 150 pounds, you will need to drink 75 ounces of water)
- Limit alcoholic and soda consumption
- Eat Breakfast and focus on selecting whole grains & lean protein
- Have Protein from a variety of sources. Protein is one of the basic building blocks of the human body, being about 16 percent of our total body weight.
- Eat fresh fruits daily. It is best to eat them in between meals or before meals. If you eat them directly after a meal your body will store it away as unused energy.
- Include raw vegetables into your daily diet. Nutritionists tell us that the darker the vegetable is the richer it is in nutrients. Concentrate on the ones that are dark green, dark purple and dark orange. This will give you the most benefits.
- Enjoy whole Grains & Seeds
- Daily include limited amounts of healthy Oils & Fats
- Limit refined/prepared foods
- Eat foods that are high in fiber. These foods will help you control cholesterol levels as well as giving you the feeling of feeling fuller. Some examples of these types of foods would be whole grains, fibrous vegetables and legumes
- Eat 1 serving or less of sweet or salty food each day
- Take High Quality supplements 3 times a day Get them HERE
What Thoughts Are Your Putting INTO Your Body
- Be aware of your thoughts. “Your mental attitude is something you can control outright and you must use self-discipline until you create a Positive Mental Attitude — your mental attitude attracts to you everything that makes you what you are.” Napoleon Hill
- Help improve your thoughts by reducing your stress level. Do it by taking a walk, or listening to some music, closing your eyes for about 5 to 10 minutes and just think about something pleasant and peaceful, relax your mind. Just about everyone have some sort of stress in the course of daily living from home, work, kids, traffic, money problems etc. If possible, try to get a job that you really enjoy. If not possible at this time, intentionally look for all the good things about your job. Besides paying you, what goods or services does it provide for others?
- Need a little help with retraining your thinking process? Check Out my ‘Recommended Reading’ list
Remember the good news is, you don’t have to change everything at the same time. In fact, the trick to healthy living is making small changes. Add in more changes like, adding fruit to your cereal, having an extra glass of water or saying no to that second helping of buttery mashed potatoes.
Looking for a natural way to stay focused on those changes?
I found Rosemary Essential Oil enhances and sustains focus.
Rosemary supports healthy digestion, soothes occasional sore muscles and joints, and helps reduce occasional nervous tension and fatigue.
Did you know that you can add 1-2 drops to shampoo daily to help improve hair health?
To purchase essential oils at RETAIL click HERE,
for Wholesale Customer discount of 25%+ (No selling, No monthly requirements) click HERE
or email me Kathy@kathyskinner.com
or check me out on FACEBOOK
Wishing you a day filled with Healthy Habits!
NOTE: The advice shared in document has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help. Kindly understand that essential oils work to help to bring the body into balance – thus helping the body’s natural defenses to restore homeostasis