The Holiday Season is starting with parties, family gatherings and lots of goodies too! With all the activities and extra things to do, it is tempting to just grab anything handy to eat on the go! Oh no, what do I do?
Here are some healthy holiday helpers to keep yourself on track with your health goals:
- Plan ahead, bring water and food with you when you are out and about doing your errands or traveling.
- Each time you prepare a meal, make twice as much and freeze in portions to be ready for your next busy day.
- Make ‘water’ your friend. For every cup of caffeine or alcohol you consume, drink two glasses of water.
- Added 3-5 drops of doTERRA Grapefruit or Slim & Sassy Blend essential oils to your glass of water. This will help to curb your appetite and give you a refreshing lift in energy and mood. Get them HERE
- Eat at regular times throughout the day, don’t ‘save up’ for the dinner party.
- Don’t stand near the appetizer or the buffet table. Take just a little and walk away to the other side of the room.
- Alternate your indulgences. Have a dessert at one party, but no appetizers or alcohol, then switch it up for the next party.
- Enjoy small portions of those ‘Special Foods’ that you associate with the Holidays & pass by those that you can get anytime of the year.
- When baking or creating your favorite recipe, watch out for the ‘tasting’. Those calories can really add up, even the “healthy” tastes. Put the mixing bowls in the sink right away under running water.
- Get your sleep. 7 – 8 hours each night will help you to be more focused, have more energy AND get what needs to get done faster and better. When you’re tired you lose willpower and give in to your cravings. When you are rested you make better decisions in every part of your life.
- If you find your energy level dipping or your clothes getting a bit snugger, immediately start tracking everything that passes your lips. Do it diligently, EVERY day! It will help you realize just what you are doing or not doing.
Do you find the holidays a bit overwhelming at times? Check out my blog “De-Stressing” the Holidays for more helpful hints.
Sending Blessings your way for a wonderful Christmas & New Year,