We have all heard about how we need to spend time being active on an almost daily basis. There are many ways to burn 100 calories, but if you are like me, being inside in a gym is just not where I want to be on these beautiful summer days. So for FUN, I have listed some FUN activities and how long it takes to burn just 100 calories!
HOW LONG TO BURN 100 CALORIES
(based on a 150 pound person)
Bicycling (5 mph) – 35 minutes
Canoeing (2.5 mph) – 35 minutes
Golf (2-some, carrying clubs) – 19 minutes
Horse back Riding (sit to trot) – 24 minutes
Jogging (10 minute mile , 6 mph) – 9 minutes
Jumping Rope (70 jumps per minute ) – 9 minutes
Swimming (crawl, 20 yard per minute ) – 20 minutes
Tennis (recreational singles) – 13 minutes
Volleyball (recreational) – 23 minutes
Walking (2 mph) – 30 minutes
AND HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE MANY BENEFITS OF EXERCISING
- Boosts your mood
- Gives you more energy
- Helps you sleep better
- Reduces the risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD) and the risk of dying from CHD
- Reduces stress
- Lowers the risk of developing high blood pressure
- Lowers the risk of developing non-insulindependent (type 2) diabetes
- Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer
- Helps people achieve and maintain a healthy body weight
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints
Just a few reminders:
- If you haven’t been active, start out slow and shorter amounts of time.
- Choose some thing you like to do!
- Wear comfortable clothes & shoes
- Stay hydrated – flavor your water with a couple drops of doTERRA essential oils. My summertime favorites are Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit & Wild Orange
- Wear sunscreen if you are out for more than15 minutes. Get my Homemade recipe HERE
- Use an insect repellent, one without DEET I recommend one that works great for me. Because of the FDA I can’t name it so contact me to Get Some! Kathy@kathyskinner.com
- Most importantly – Have FUN!!!